Tuesday, March 22, 2011

sitting in an oven

So i'm currently sitting in my room at my moms house, where i live, and the thermostat up here in my room reads 86 degrees. of course the thermostat downstairs says its set to be 73 throughout the house. Our circulatory air system is just great isnt it?

My house is a 3 bed 2 bath with a bonus room above the 2 car garage and an unfinished basement. My room is the bonus room. Its the biggest bedroom in the whole house and I definately have my privacy up here but the downfall is obviously that its always sooooo hott up here. AND the fact that I feel like i have to walk a mile to the bathroom sometimes. Sometimes I wish I could trade my mother bedrooms. nice jacoozi tub..big ass closet you could party in..the room isnt that big and its in the center of the house, but i think i could deal with that. its a pros and cons kind of thing. but obviously, she paid for this house and my step dad moved in with us, so they get that room by default. walking up and down the stairs to my room is probably the most exercise I get. which is probably one of the reasons its good that im up here.

but back to the real problem..its freaking 86 degrees in here!!! WTF. in the winter i usually just open my window and let the cold air blow in. since my two ceiling fans dont do much justice other than blowing around all the warm air. but now that its march its starting to get warm and even though im positive its not 86 outside, it'll just feel the same if i choose to open the window. one time i thought about maybe getting one of those window air conditioner thingies..but my window is definately the main focus of the house other than the garage and that just wouldnt look right. plus im sure its against the neighborhood rules just like everything else.

our neighborhood has those rules that like are completely useless and are only written to take up space. in most neighborhoods that have rules they have like this pamphlet that they just pass out to all the residents. our pamphlet is longer than the encyclopedia rather than being 10 pages or less like normal. The rules that are more concrete are the ones like, dont park on the street, you must park in the driveway. and you arent allowed to have campaign signs in your front yard. you also arent allowed to have boats or trailors. I take back the concrete comment. these are just stupid. if i want to park on the street so im not blocked in, get over it. and my now exboyfriend is running for public office, so you best believe that ill have his damn sign that I DESIGNED in my front yard. once again, get over it. you also arent allowed to have yard sales. when we first moved in we combined two complete households (ours and my new step dads) into this one and there were things from years beyond. my little brother is 8 and we still had things like his baby clothes, basinet, and baby toys. but halfway during our yard sale we found out that we arent allowed to have one. appearantly the whole neighborhood has a "neighborhood yard sale" once a year in june and thats the only time we're allowed to have it. but did we pack up and wait till june?? NOPE. my mom practices that "try to stop me" attitude. its not like we could get evicted or anything (dont think so at least) i mean because we own our house. but..they could definately get on our nerves knocking on our door everyday letting us know we're breaking the rules.

my moms on the commitee now so she still kinda does whatever she wants to but tried to be discrete about it so theres no drama. thats all we need is some desperate housewives shit on our block. (i love that show! haha)

okay well while im sitting here baking in my oven im going to put together some music for this sunday's church. my now exbf is doing the sermon and i had offered to take care of the music. he's really busy anyway, figured it'd help him out.

night all.
manda

No comments:

Post a Comment